If you’ve got a couple of kids, or perhaps a group of mates who are into the outdoor touring lifestyle then the Black Wold Turbo 300 will weather the road with you on all your journeys. The Turbo range from Black Wolf is known for its easy set up, and hard wearing canvas construction - so it’s the perfect range for a fuss and stress free camping experience.
This newly updated range has tape sealed seams where the floor and tent wall meets, and the fly has wider corners to guard against water leakage. The Siliconised Polyester floor is easy to roll which makes this tent even simpler to set up and more importantly - pack up. And with extra reinforcing along the roof poles, your turbo will have added sturdiness in windy conditions.
The three pole awning can be turned into an extended living area with optional panels, or it can be sectioned off with an optional screen room for a fully enclosed space. The PVC storm flaps at the bottom of the optional front and side panels will help keep your awning dry in wet weather, and the zips and Velcro on the panels attach to the fly to allow for tape sealing for added water protection.
This single room tent is perfect for when you’re on the move as it’s easy to use and is built for tough Aussie conditions.
Firstly I'd like to point out what great customer service you have! Everything from the best price, fast delivery to returning phone calls when promised...A+++ Thankyou.
Now to the Turbo 300.
1. Set up time - Pretty quick to get the main body of the tent established however that's where the speed stops. Having an additional 8 pegs to fix the added material at the corners is annoying (my previous version didn't have this). You can get away without fixing all corners if it's not windy or raining however the points closest to the door need to be fixed to provide rigidity to front of the awning.
2. Pack up - They aren't the fastest tent to pack up however the main body is definitely easier to roll than the previous version and all components fit into the bag easily.
3. Waterproofing - This tent 100% must be used with the fly to guarantee it keeps the water out. Water enters the tent from the closed air vents at the top (probably expected) and also through the stitching around the front door (not expected) as I discovered when weathering the tent.
4. Quality control - Overall the canvas is great quality and you can't beat a lifetime warranty which I'm suspecting I will be testing sometime in the future due to the double stitching on the lower corner of the D zipper being unstitched out of the bag.
5. Size - When packed it will fit diagonally across the back seat of the car otherwise it's on the roof. Overall this tent is huge and perfect for an extended trip of two nights or more where it's not being put up and taken down every night.
What a ripper of a review! Thanks Ben!
Hi i was wondering what is different from the 2016 tent? Regards
There are a couple of differences between the 2016 and 2017 Turbo tents from Black Wolf.
The main ones are that the 2017 models are tape seam sealed where the floor meets the tent wall seam, the fly has wider corners to prevent water coming through, the floor is made from a lighter material for easy pack up, and there is extra reinforcing along the ridge poles.
We've got a blog post that goes into detail about the updates, which sounds like it would be quite helpful for you. You can have a read of it here.
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
We've teamed up with zipMoney to offer a better way to pay! Boo yeah!