The Black Wolf Turbo 300 Tent is one of the Black Wolf range of original Quick Pitch Tents that have become the benchmark in tourer tents. Super fast and easy to erect they’re ideal for extended touring trips when you’re on the move. With various sizes and configurations available in both ‘heavy duty’ and ‘lite’ material, the Black Wolf Turbo Tents are unique in their class.
The Black Wolf Turbo 300 Tent features:
• Size: The 300cm square floor comfortably sleeps five people. Other sizes available are the smaller 210 (sleeps three people), and 240 (sleeps four people) all with a comfortable 210cm height.
• Awning: The new 3 pole awning not only handles all weather conditions but provides extra undercover space where you need it. Optional side and front panels enclose this area for even more living space.
• Fly Material: The fly which comes standard, is made from tough and durable Heavy Duty Ripstop Polycotton designed to withstand rough treatment amid the toughest Australian conditions.
• Floor: The bucket shaped Heavy Duty PVC floor is strong and hard wearing for years of reliable use.
• Strong: The frame and poles are all of strong, lightweight and durable 25mm diameter aluminium.
• Excellent Ventilation: A large front door, roof vents and large gusseted side windows provide for plenty of airflow and ventilation.
• Waterproof: The seams of the fly and floor are waterproof-taped to prevent leakages and keep you dry.
• Insect protection: The doors and windows are fitted with zippered fibreglass mesh to keep out flying insects.
• Compact when packed: Will fit into the back of most 4WDs and doesn’t have to be carried on roof racks.
• Extras touches: Zippered guy rope stow pockets to keep guy ropes tidy; a zippered power inlet with retainer tabs.
• Lifetime warranty: Black Wolf are constantly improving and innovating their products. The Turbo Tent range is a perfect example of the company’s commitment to best-in-class quality and performance.
Really great tent. Will be using a silicon based treatment on the zipper at the front. Not because there is a problem, but because in time, I think it will benefit the length of life of the zipper. It will make it easier to open & close as well. Buying off Snowy's was great. Delivery was super quick!
The turbo 300 is a very well constructed tent, easy to put up and take down (follow the instructions) and roomy for two adults and camping gear.
Taken from their website"The all new and improved 2017 Turbo Tents from Blackwolf have taken years of field testing and customer feedback to give us the best Turbo Tents yet. Featuring superior water proofing, additional re-enforcing, stronger zips, larger fly for greater weather protection and upgraded, stronger mesh on all windows and doors, the new 2017 Turbo Tent range is sure to impress and a welcome upgrade to the now Australia famous Turbo tent range.
The 2017 model isn't actually available yet Katie, the Turbo Tents we currently have are the same models that we have confidently sold thousands of over the last few years. I am yet to get a firm date from Black Wolf on when to expect these, but it should be later this year. Change isn't always a good thing for everybody, so I am going to put some information on our website today to decipher just what these updates are so our customers can decide whether it is worth waiting and paying a higher price, or taking advantage on the amazing deals we have on the current models. Keep an eye on the Turbo's on our site for this information later today.
Ben - Where will it be - not sure if its there and I've missed it or not there yet...
Sorry about the delay here Katie, it took us a little longer then expected to get the content together. You can see it on our product pages now, I'll also flick you the link in an email. Let us know if you have any further queries.
Doesnt look like much is changing with the 2017 model. Can't believe Snowys prices so cheap!
HI, can the tent be used without the fly\canopy specifically in the rain. I would like to use it as a overnight stay and simple put up the base tent. Also does the canvas tent need seasoning, like the old style canvas tents.
G’day Joe, the inner tent and fly of the Black Wolf Turbo 300 are made from the same PU coated waterproof canvas that does not need to be seasoned - but it won’t hurt to hose it down before use. The inner is not waterproof, but it will offer some water protection. The Black Wolf Turbo 300 is not designed to be used without the fly in the rain as the guy ropes are attached to the fly. Using the fly and guy ropes will ensure maximum stability in adverse weather, which will reduce the risk of any damage.
I like the simplicity of the dome tents, and the smaller parcel compared to the turbo tents. Do you think a dome tent could be a good option for touring and setting up every second or third night? The dome tent parcel is easir to fit in the car.
The turbos are advertised as touring tents Imma, because they are designed to be put up and taken down every day. We don’t advertise dome tents under that category because they are not specifically designed for busy touring schedules. A dome tent could most definitely be taken down and set up every second or third night – but it would just take you longer to do so because they have more parts that need to be threaded through and tied down etc.
Somebody told me the inner frame is quick to set up but the outside fliyer takes much longer.
Hi Imma, that is more or less correct. The Turbo is designed to be quick and easy to put up – the frame is connected to the tent and it’s simply a matter if laying it out, extending the legs and pushing the hub up. The fly will take you a little longer because you have to get the fly securely over the tent, set up the awning poles and secure the guy ropes and then velcro the fly to the frame. All in all if you give it a go before you use it properly you could get it up in 20 mins or so depending on your skill level.
Are there any differences in durability between the two? What's the key difference between the floor materials - pros/cons
I am interested in buying the black wolf turbo 300 and a couple of side panels, but am worried how it would all pack up. Do you think it would fit in its bag along with the two side panels?
is warranty transferable to me if I buy it second hand from someone?
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.