The Black Wolf Grasshopper 2 is distinguished from other 3-Season two-person tents by innovative pole configuration that gives it the stability of a dome tent, good headroom and two convenient entrances with convenient vestibules covering both.
The Black Wolf Grasshopper 2 features:
• Three premium aircraft grade alloy poles for stability and strength.
• Colour coding of poles, pole end webbing and clips make pitching fast and easy.
• Four guy rope points offer additional tie-down stability.
• Exceptional light weight – a mere 2.6 kilos to be shared between two campers.
• There are large dual side tearshaped doors with zippers all the way around for ease of entry and exit – a benefit also unusual in tents of this weight.
• Good headroom throughout.
• Dual side vestibules are invaluable for storage of boots, pack, wet or muddy gear, etc.
• The ripstop polyester PU fly and floor materials and heat-taped seams ensure water repellency in bad weather.
• There is excellent flow through ventilation from the mesh inner, plus extra vents in the fly.
• Reflective strips mean the tent is easy for you to locate at night, while during the day the ecologically friendly green colour blends in with the environment.
I use this tent for off-road motorbike touring and love it. Well priced, light, packs down small, easy to pitch. I'm 6"2 and struggled to find a tent that had enough length, till I found this, which is more than ample. There's just enough vestibule room for my soft panniers when I'm out riding for the day. The pole frame maximises the interior space, particularly at the head/foot ends by keeping the walls as vertical as possible. I added a tarp base and stronger pegs, that's all.
Very happy overall. Sturdy, easy to put up and down. Roomy enough to sleep 2 comfortably and sit up in. Would recommend.
- Easy set up and pack up
- Packs down light and small
- The pegs are weak and bent easily
- For my size I would have liked the tent to be slightly longer
- The design of the doors made it a bit awkward getting in and out of the tent
Is this tent rated for use / recommended for use in Australia's snow alpine areas during winter?
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
We've teamed up with zipMoney to offer a better way to pay! Boo yeah!