The Black Wolf Mantis 1 is the tent you have been praying for if you are a solo adventurer wanting a shelter that is super light – and there are few tents as strong and dependable as this under its two kilos in weight - but heavy on first-rate design, ease of use and functionality.
The Black Wolf Mantis 1 features:
• A two pole tapered rectangular design that provides surprising length and spaciousness.
• The streamlined shape provides a low profile invaluable in extreme weather.
• Premium aircraft alloy poles that are colour coded, ensure strength, light weight and easy assembly.
• Four guy rope points offer additional tie-down stability.
• There are large dual side entrances for ease of entry and exit – a benefit also very unusual in tents of this weight.
• Dual side vestibules are invaluable for storage of boots, pack, wet or muddy gear, etc.
• The ripstop polyester PU fly and floor materials and heat-taped seams ensure water repellency in bad weather.
• There is great ventilation from the mesh inner and extra head and foot vents for flow through air.
• Reflective strips mean the tent is easy for you to locate at night while during the day the Mantis’ ecologically friendly green colour blends in with the environment.
The Black Wolf brand’s philosophy is that outdoor equipment must be well-made, offer superb performance and be a purchase that you as the customer will be satisfied with for the long term.
I have had this tent for well over 6 years and still going strong.
Very light (not if you count every gram, but light enough for most hikers)
It's durable, withstands beach winds and any rain.
I have never had an issue with mine, quick and easy to set up (minimal pegs in warm weather), has two little windows to help with condensation/airflow
It feels quite small if you're not used to hiking tents, but big enough to fit a 2m tall man (just) and a large hiking backpack.
Thanks so much for sharing Stas! Its so great to hear that after all these years your Mantis I is still going strong. Laine :)
Took the Black Wolf Mantis 1 out for the first time this weekend, on an overnight bike tour to the Kurth Kiln Regional Park in Victoria. This was a bit of an equipment test for some future planned multi day bike touring and what a test it turned out to be. Setup was very easy and quick. The interior provided plenty of room to store my stuff and me comfortably. There was heavy overnight rain between 5 to 10mm and temperatures down to 4°C. The Mantis 1 coped extremely well in conditions.
In the details section it says this tent is under 2kgs but in the spes on the right it suggests the tent is 2.2kgs. What ia the correct max weight? Thanks
Hi James, I've just weighed one that we have here in stock and it was 2.3kg. It may be that Black Wolf have updated the product and we've changed the weight in our specs, but not in the actual description. We'll get that fixed up now. Sorry for the confusion.
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
GET YOUR GEAR NOW AND PAY LATER... INTEREST FREE!
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1,200