Wine drinkers rejoice! The PlatyPreserve Bottle provides the icing on the cake for that stunning al fresco meal by ensuring that your red or white wine accompaniment is preserved in a lightweight, air tight, oxygen-free environment and therefore will keep for as many days as you can resist the temptation to drink it!
The PlatyPreserve Bottle features:
• You pour your wine (or any other beverage) into the PlatyPreserve, squeeze out all the air and seal it with the air-tight cap.
• It is collapsible, BPA and taste free.
• You can carry it in your pack, secure in the knowledge that it will not leak.
• Unlike glass, it will not shatter and it is rugged enough to handle temperatures from freezing or boiling - not that you’d want either for your wine – but nice to know that it can handle any emergencies!
• Empty, It adds almost no weight to your pack and unlike solid bottles, after use collapses to take up no space – and thus the bottle offers maximum convenience and portability.
• While the PlatyPreserve bottle is available in the single 800ml size, the economic way to cater for your needs – or to share with friends - is to invest in the economic four bottle pack.
Platypus brand prides itself on providing the most innovative, taste-free, rigorously tested products, made from the best materials and components in Seattle, USA, to suit all outdoor hydration needs. Their motto is that you’ll ‘get nothing out of our bottles and reservoirs that you didn't put in’.
Definitely a bit scary loading a bottle of red into your gear but it doesn't leak a drop. Perfect for day walking and there's the multipack for overnighters. Hopefully Snowys can look at getting Vapur brand flexible flasks into their store as well.
Used this wine bladder on one 5 day walk in Tassie and was great until the second last day where a hot billy lid must have come in contact with it and that was the end of the rest of my red! Great product if you take care to keep it away from hot things!
This wine bladder is perfect for your overnight /multi day hikes. I have used it on several multi day hikes and it is an excellent addition to my hiking gear. It does not leak, sits in the pack well and rinses out ready to use again. My original one was a gift and i have since purchased from Snowys (fantastic price ) as a gift for my fellow hikers. Cheers
Works great doesn’t leak and great for hiking
They look awesome, in a couple of weeks time I will be drinking wine in the middle of nowhere with no glass bottle to worry about .🍷 👍
Not a drop spilt and easy to squeeze into a full pack. A welcome addition to hiking!
A bit tricky to fill, but kept the wine for 2 days and saved me the weight of a glass bottle. All good!
The platypreserve did not keep the wine fresh over a week as claimed. It was useful for packing a bottle's worth of merlot safely in my pack on an overnight walk at Mt Cole in Victoria back in July 2016. It was good to enjoy a drink around a fire in cold conditions.
Perfect for a full bottle of port on a five night hike!! No leaks or plastic taste!!
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
GET YOUR GEAR NOW AND PAY LATER... INTEREST FREE!
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1,200