A compass for everyday adventure, the Silva Field Compass was designed as an entry level navigation aid to meet the demands of schools, youth groups and the leisure outdoor navigator and it is an easy to use, reliable and economic way to ensure you are never geographically embarrassed.
The Silva Field features:
• DryFlex™ rubber grip for secure grip and easy handling of the compass
• A declination scale inside the capsule, that can be used anywhere
• A base plate with map-measuring scales in mm.
• Scales of 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 that are compatible with most maps.
• A detachable safety-release lanyard ensures that as well as you, your compass never gets lost!
• Light in weight – only 28 grams – so you won’t even know you are carrying it.
• This is a tool that will suit everyone from students through to more serious adventurers.
Silva invented the liquid-filled baseplate compass and built an unsurpassed reputation for quality and accuracy that it has maintained since its founding by orienteer Björn Kjellström in Sweden in 1933.
Great compass as I forget what learned in the boy scouts. The Silva system simplified to nth degree...
Find Your Way With a Map The Silva System:
1. Place your compass on the area map with the Base Plate edge connecting where you are with where you want to go.
2. Set the compass heading by turning the ]compass Dial until the “N” aligns with Magnetic North (MN) on the map.
3. Remove the compass from the map and ] hold it level in front of you with the Direction of Travel Arrow pointing straight ahead. Turn your body until the red end of the Needle is directly over the Orienting Arrow, pointing to the “N” on the dial. The Direction of Travel Arrow now points precisely to your destination. Look up, sight on a landmark and walk to it. Repeat this procedure until you reach your destination.
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
We've teamed up with zipMoney to offer a better way to pay! Boo yeah!