Which Travel Adaptor Do I Need?


So, you’re going overseas. You’ve booked your ticket. You’ve received your jabs. And you’ve saved enough money to have a good time. Time to pack.

In goes the iPod, smartphone, computer and shaver. But wait. How are you going to use and charge all of these appliances overseas? I mean, it’s not going to be much fun if you’re enjoying a bike ride through the Loire Valley in France, hiking through Yellowstone National Park in the United States, or riding the Trans-Siberian railway through Mongolia, and you can’t share the memory on Facebook and Instagram.

To charge your devices while aboard, you’re going to need a travel adaptor – maybe even a few. Let us help you choose the right one:

Travel Adaptor For The Americas, Asia…

American & Asian electrical adaptor
USA Adaptor

Whether you’re headed to New York, Vancouver, Tokyo, or Phuket, you’ll need an American adaptor. Our Go Travel AU/NZ > America travel adaptor is suitable for use in the following regions and countries:

USA, Canada, the Caribbean, and parts of Central and South America

Note: Sometimes a non-earthed power adaptor will be required for power sockets that don’t have the ‘grounding’ slot. The Go Travel AU/NZ > America/Asian adaptor is the way to go. It’ll extend coverage to the following regions and countries:

Japan, Taiwan, and certain parts of Asia.

USA Adaptor

Travel Adaptor for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore…

United Kingdom Travel Adaptor

So you’re heading off on a whirlwind sojourn to London, Dublin, or Kuala Lumpur. You’re going to need a Go Travel AU/NZ > British travel adaptor.

It’ll suit if you’re travelling to the following countries and regions:

Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Kenya, Malaysia, Malta, Nigeria, Singapore, and certain other parts of Africa and the Middle East.

Travel Adaptor for Europe, Bali…

Europe Travel Adaptor

Whether you’re off on a Contiki or Topdeck tour throughout Europe or heading to Bali for the school holidays, you’ll need a Go Travel AU/NZ > Europe travel adaptor. It’ll have your electrical device juiced up in the following regions and countries:

Continental Europe, Indonesia, New Caledonia, parts of the Middle East, South America, and Asia.

Travel Adaptor for South Africa…

South Africa Travel Adaptor

Setting out for a game park adventure in South Africa? You’ll need the Go Travel AU/NZ > South Africa adaptor.

Travel Adaptor for India…

India Travel Adaptor

Catching a test cricket match in Mumbai? You’ll need the Go Travel AU/NZ > India adaptor.

But, I’m Travelling To Many Countries?

You may have noticed that some countries can use more than one so you can end up with all a stack of adaptors. How confusing! I tried to find out why this is the case, but there isn’t a lot of information out there. I couldn’t even find out which plugs are the most commonly used in each country. Please let me know if you can shed some light on this!

However, if you’re heading to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Belize, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, East Timor, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, or Turkmenistan, then…

I would recommend getting the Go Travel Adaptor Worldwide DBL to be certain that you’ll be covered. You get seven pieces in the pack that allow you to connect your appliance to 99% of countries around the world.

Alternatively, check out the OSA Universal Travel Adaptor with USB. It comprises AU/NZ > Europe, USA, and United Kingdom conversion, and comes with two USB ports to make charging those iGadgets even easier. 

What About New Zealand?

What about NZ, you ask?

If you’re lucky enough to be heading to the Land of the Long White Cloud, then you needn’t worry! If your appliances work on an Australian socket, they’ll work in New Zealand! They use the same power sockets as us.

About the writer...

Joined back in December, 2011

Similar posts...