Wine drinkers rejoice! The PlatyPreserve Bottle provides the icing on the cake for that stunning al fresco meal by ensuring that your red or white wine accompaniment is preserved in a lightweight, airtight, oxygen-free environment and therefore will keep for as many days as you can resist the temptation to drink it!
The PlatyPreserve Bottle features:
• You pour your wine (or any other beverage) into the PlatyPreserve, squeeze out all the air and seal it with the air-tight cap.
• It is collapsible, BPA and taste-free.
• You can carry it in your pack, secure in the knowledge that it will not leak.
• Unlike glass, it will not shatter and it is rugged enough to handle temperatures from freezing or boiling - not that you’d want either for your wine – but nice to know that it can handle any emergencies!
• Empty, It adds almost no weight to your pack and unlike solid bottles, after use collapses to take up no space – and thus the bottle offers maximum convenience and portability.
• While the PlatyPreserve bottle is available in the single 800ml size, the economic way to cater for your needs – or to share with friends - is to invest in the economic four-bottle pack.
Platypus brand prides itself on providing the most innovative, taste-free, rigorously tested products, made from the best materials and components in Seattle, USA, to suit all outdoor hydration needs. Their motto is...'you’ll get nothing out of our bottles and reservoirs that you didn't put in’.
These always come camping with us - we just need to work out whether its a 2 or 4 each bladder trip! The wine lasts well when the air is compressed out between pourings. Our 2 year old bladder is still fine. They take a long time to dry after use.
Just completed the Cooloola Great Walk 110 km. It was a tough trek as we’re both approaching 60. We packed 2 bottles of our favourite red in the platyplus bottles. The wine taste was not altered and the bottles took the ruff handling in and out of the packs. The wine was a life saver after a long day on the track.
Worth the money. Took 4 litres of our own spiced rum to Europe. Priceless. Then awesome water containers. Cheers 4 the brilliant prompt service
I took these on a camping, walking holiday where storage was limited. They were fantastic. Does not alter flavour of wine, no odour in bags after rinsing when wine finished. Easy to store when not in use. Would highly recommend them and also Snowys who delivered promptly and efficiently.
I agree with the others that these are great for bringing wine on a hiking trip! They're also great for bringing wine into a glass-free zone- such as a music festival!
The only slight downside I have with these is that a little bit of smell remains after washing them out. I haven't found this to be a problem, however, and the next wine I've put in didn't seem to taste any different!
Wouldn't think of hiking without them.
A great way to carry high quality wine while hiking. Survived the Kepler Track, South Island, NZ. Highly recommended.
the best way to transport your favorite drop, especially when four wheel driving.
Whether hiking or at home these are great bladders to keep a whole bottle or the remains of a favourite. Great idea with no downside.
So far these wine bladders have been great. Provides an easy way to take a bottle of wine somewhere without having to carry the heavy glass bottle in/out with you. Great to use for a sneaky wine on an overnight hike, though I haven't tried to squish into an overloaded bag yet. They seem quite sturdy and have been easy to wash out.
Exciting news, your order has left our warehouse! If you'd like to keep an eye on it's journey, click the button below.
Oh and don't forget to copy your tracking number.
GET YOUR GEAR NOW AND PAY LATER... INTEREST FREE!
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1,500